This privacy notice tells you what to expect me to do with your personal information when you make contact with me or use one of my services.
- Why I process your information - I hold your contact details in order to let you know about events, training, newsletters and in order to organise classes for you.
Medical information: I ask that you complete a medical questionnaire to enable me to deliver yoga and yoga therapy safely to you and to tailor any particular practice to your needs.
- Your information will be kept securely in the UK and backed up by icloud or hard drive.
- In the case of adults your medical information will be kept for 8 years from the last date you had contact with me and for children until they are 25 years old. After this time it will be destroyed securely. These time frames are set by the Complimentary and Health Care Council’s Code of Ethics https://www.cnhc.org.uk/code-conduct-registrants
- Your information will not be shared with any other third party unless you give consent, or there is reason to believe that you or a third party are at risk of significant harm or disclosure is required by law.
- Where it is considered to be in your best interests you will be asked to consent to sharing of your medical information with your GP or other medical professionals.
- You have the right to ask for copies of the information I hold about you. Should you wish to do so please contact Maggie Shanks, email@example.com You also have the right to ask me to rectify the information I hold about you should you believe it to be incorrect. Information requested would be provided within 40 days, unless the information requested were to relate to another person, in which case that person’s consent would need to be given in order for you to access it. A charge may be made for copying. Parents of children and young adults over 16 may request access to personal records. The best interests of the child will always be considered before access is given.
- Case notes may be anonymously discussed in supervision meetings between Maggie Shanks and her supervisor in order to ensure the highest quality of care.
- Maggie Shanks is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a sole trader storing personal data for business purposes (number ZA587106) and has completed the GDPR audit with the ICO. Should you wish to see a copy of her ICO or CNHC registration details, please feel free to ask.
- Copyright format: Bea Teuten